The Beat

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sick Days brings One Hit Wonders & Madagascar Penguins

I typically hate laying in bed watching TV when it is absolutely gorgeous outside, however today I had no choice. I became super sick last night and forced myself to rest all day despite the text messages coming in about laying out in the sun or venturing out for senior week bar tours. Of course all I could think about were these favorite past time invitations, but after watching the Ellen Show this morning People Magazine's most beautiful woman in the world J-Lo gave me the reminder to listen to your mother's beauty secrets, one being to get plenty of sleep and the other to stay out of the sun. Stuck in bed I decided to watch the tube and surf the net. I watched my usual daily shows of Regis & Kelly, The Ellen Show, Oprah, and news but through flipping I landed on Vh1's 40 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 90's! Growing up in the 90's most of these songs were always on my radio being it as I was one of those little girls who would call into the radio station begging to hear my favorite song or introduce for the Top 9 at 9 countdown! ( Funny where you end up in life...in my case...on the other side :)

These are my TOP 5 favorites check them out!


In memory of my Grandma T. ( yes even my Grandma loved this song!) Ladies & Gentlemen this is Mambo #5!
Keep reading to check out the entire list!



Kriss Kross' 'Jump' I just love this 90's sound!




It's Tag Team back again!  I loved this song so much! I used to sing this song at swim practice...'Whoomp there it is' !



I know the entire song by <3 Sir Mix A lot's 'Baby Got Back' !




and of course....House of Pain's 'Jump Around!'





After it ended it was back to cartoons...the Penguins of Madagascar on Nick!



Yesss they are on TV now! I watched them on Sunday morning too.

Here is the whole list...VH1's 40 Greatest One Hit Wonders Of The '90s:

40- Whoop There It Is [Tag Team]
39- I Touch Myself [Divinyls]
38- How Do You Talk To An Angel [Heights]
37- B*tch [Meredith Brooks]
36- Bad Boys [Inner Circle]
35- Sex & Candy [Marcy Playground]
34- You Gotta Be [Des'ree]
33- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) [Proclaimers]
32- MyBabyDaddy [B-Rock & The Bizz]
31- Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm [Crash Test Dummies]
30- Bitter Sweet Symphony [The Verve]
29- Lullaby [Shawn Mullins]
28- Flava In Ya Ear [Craig Mack]
27- Achy Breaky Heart [Billy Ray Cyrus]
26- Mambo #5 (A Little Bit Of....) [Lou Bega]
25- The Impression That I Get [Mighty Mighty Bosstones]
24- Feed The Tree [Belly]
23- What Is Love [Haddaway]
22- Walking In Memphis [Marc Cohn]
21- Legend Of A Cowgirl [Imani Coppola]
20- Good Vibrations [Marky Mark & Funky Bunch]
19- Steal My Sunshine [Len]
18- Unbelievable [EMF]
17- Informer [Snow]
16- Jump [Kris Kross]
15- No Rain [Blind Melon]
14- Rump Shaker [Wreckx-N-Effect]
13- Cotton Eye Joe [Red-Nex]
12- The Humpty Dance [Digital Underground]
11- You Get What You Give [New Radicals]
10- One Of Us [Joan Osborne]
9- Jump Around [House Of Pain]
8- Barely Breathing [Duncan Sheik]
7- Ice Ice Baby [Vanilla Ice]
6- Closing Time [Semisonic]
5- Tubthumping [Chumbawamba]
4- Macarena [Los Del Rio]
3- Rico Suave [Gerardo]
2- I'm Too Sexy [Right Said Fred]
1- Baby Got Back [Sir Mix-A-Lot]